Today at HotelsCombined HQ, after scouring our database of over 800,000 properties and aggregation of more than 38 million property reviews, we have announced the winners of our second annual ‘Stellar Stays’ Awards. We have named thirteen outstanding hotels across Australia and New Zealand based on a stringent set of criteria.
The 2014 HotelsCombined ‘Stellar Stays’ hotels across Australia and New Zealand are:
- The Langham Melbourne (Victoria, Australia)
- InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto (Victoria, Australia)
- Emporium Hotel, Brisbane (Queensland, Australia)
- Lizard Island Resort (Queensland, Australia)
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney (New South Wales, Australia)
- Westin Sydney, (New South Wales, Australia)
- Shangri-La Sydney, (New South Wales, Australia)
- Sydney Harbour YHA, (New South Wales, Australia)
- The Langham Auckland (Auckland, New Zealand)
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments (Queenstown, New Zealand)
- The Millbrook Resort (Arrowtown, New Zealand)
- Queenstown Park Hotel (Queenstown, New Zealand)
- The George Christchurch, (Christchurch, New Zealand)
Three Australian properties have been newly awarded this year – the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, Westin Sydney and Sydney Harbour YHA – along with three New Zealand properties – The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments, Queenstown Park Hotel and The George Christchurch.
Harbour views from the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney
In order to be considered a ‘Stellar Stay’, properties must be currently ranked at 9.0 or above, with a minimum of 250 customer reviews on HotelsCombined.com. The properties must have a casino significant community or environmental program underway and have received at least three major industry awards within the last 12 months.
The Stellar Stays Awards emphasize value and encompass a range of accommodation options. With over 25 million users to our site a month and a database of over 800,000 properties, we know that guests of these properties have been highly satisfied with their stay.
Beautiful views from a room at the Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments, Queenstown
Responsible tourism is very important to us here at HotelsCombined. These awards originated as a way of encouraging and highlighting the benefits of sustainable tourism. Each of the awarded hotels has contributed to the local community or environment in some way. This may be through the implementation of international best practice standards and procedures or via an ongoing commitment to community programs and initiatives.
Congratulations to the winning hotels for their outstanding efforts.
To compare over 800,000 properties around the world, visit HotelsCombined.com.